For Disaster Survivors
- Learn more: information and FAQs before you apply for assistance.
- Shelters: To search for shelters via text message, text: SHELTER and your zip code to 43362 (4FEMA). For example: Shelter 01234 (Standard rates apply).
- Disaster Recovery Centers: Search for a DRC to speak with a FEMA representative in person.
- FEMA Housing Portal: Individuals and families who have been displaced by the disaster can use the FEMA Housing Portal to help find a place to live.
- Download the Red Cross Hurricane app (Apple, Android), visit the Red Cross web site, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767), or check local media outlets.
- Download the FEMA smartphone app: Android, Apple & Blackberry.
Donate and Volunteer
- Serve.gov – Hurricane Sandy (full site): Donate and Volunteer
- National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (full site)
- More information on donating and volunteering responsibly
There is a lot of misinformation circulating online. Visit our Rumor Control page for an on-going list of rumors and their true or false status.
- Apply Online for FEMA Assistance or Apply/Check your status by phone (800) 621-3362 / TTY (800) 462-7585
- Info you need to file for federal assistance
- Tips to recover after a disaster
- Search for a Disaster Recovery Center to speak with a FEMA representative in person
- Let your friends/family know you're safe