One of the most frightening and destructive phenomena of nature is a severe earthquake and its terrible aftereffects.
Earthquakes strike suddenly, violently, and without warning at any time of the day or night. If an earthquake occurs in a populated area, it may cause many deaths and injuries and extensive property damage.
Although there are no guarantees of safety during an earthquake, identifying potential hazards ahead of time and advance planning can save lives and significantly reduce injuries and property damage.
- Apply now for assistance through DisasterAssistance.gov
- If you experience difficulty applying online, you may also call (800) 621-3362 / TTY (800) 462-7585 to apply.
- Document and materials you need to apply for assistance.
- Tips to recover after a disaster.
- Search for a Disaster Recovery Center to speak with a FEMA representative in person.
- Let your friends/family know you're safe.