Apply for Federal Assistance
Do I Qualify for Assistance?
First, your losses must have occurred in an area covered by a disaster declaration.
Second, you need to apply to FEMA in one of the following ways:
- Online: DisasterAssistance.gov
- Phone: 1-800-621-3362 (TTY: 1-800-462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities)
What do I need to file a claim for federal assistance?
- Apply Online or over the phone 1-800-621-3362 and learn about other assistance programs.
- Steps to take before I file a claim for federal assistance?
- How can I check up on the application once I registered?
- Apply Online for FEMA Assistance or Apply/Check your status by phone (800) 621-3362 / TTY (800) 462-7585
- Info you need to file for federal assistance
- Tips to recover after a disaster
- Search for a Disaster Recovery Center to speak with a FEMA representative in person
- Let your friends/family know you're safe